2007 Prostration Retreat
Rigdzinphodrang Vajaryana Buddhism Center
PLACE: 6649 Kirkly Ave., McLean, VA 22101 (703) 847-0511
10/4 Thr. 6:30 p.m. Preparation
7 p.m. – 10 p.m. First Session
10 p.m. Rest
3:30 a.m. Get up & Preparation
4 a.m. – 7 a.m. 1st Session
7 a.m. – 8 a.m. Breakfast & Rest
8 a.m. – 11 a.m. 2nd Session
11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Lunch & Rest
2 p.m. – 5 p.m. 3rd Session
5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Dharma Protector & Rest
7 p.m. – 10 p.m. 4th Session
10 p.m. Rest
10/8 Mon. 3:30 a.m. Get up & Preparation
4 a.m. – 6 a.m. Last Session
6 a.m. Release
FEE: $100 per person, (including breakfast, lunch, water…)
Additional offering to Rinpoche at end of retreat is appreciated…
Text book, Red shawl, katas, dorje&bell, mala, counter, sleeping bag, personal stuff (might include long pants, knee pads, gloves or protection for knees and hands), Offering…
1. Require the Eight Percepts* during the retreat.
2. No solid food after lunch, liquid drink is allowed in the afternoon and night.
3. Shower is allowed.
4. Outdoors activities are NOT allowed.
5. Please keep absolutely quiet, NO eating, drinking, sleeping, walking, or lay down during practice period.
6. Please avoid phone-call or visitors during the retreat.
7. Please turn off electronic devices during the retreat.
8. Female dharma brothers are rest at the second floor and male dharma brothers are rest at the first floor.
* (1) not killing living beings, (2) not stealing, (3) not having sexual intercourse, (4) not telling lies, (5) not drinking intoxicants, (6) not wearing bodily decoration, not using perfumes, not singing and dancing, and not going to see dances or plays, (7) not sleeping in a raised bed, and (8) not solid food after noon.